1. Almost French – An Australian woman’s account of her move to Paris with a new French boyfriend. Incredibly insightful, and a huge help when I was feeling a little bit lost at the beginning of my time in Paris. (here)
2. Just One Day – A book that perfectly captures the feeling of being young, hopeful, and falling in love in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. (here)
3. The Paris Wife – About the life of Hemingway’s first wife after she follows her husband to Paris. The book hits home when it comes to the feelings of loneliness that can arise at times, even in such a beautiful place. (here)
4. Anna and the French Kiss – The book that made me want to go to Paris in the first place. I love it just because of how sweet the story is, describing two young adults as they truly fall in love for the first time in the city of light. (here)
5. How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are – A bit of a lighter read, but a real insider look into the hearts and minds of Parisian women. (here)
Also check out the 5 books that inspired me to travel here.