Hello my loves! I’m back for the second post in my round up series, this time for the month of October! Sorry it’s late, I’ve been so stressed with Uni and work that only very little time has been left for the blog (hello from the library between classes). However, I’m so excited to share my favorites of the month with you all. There’s a lot, so happy reading!
» Monthly Favorites «
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – I bought this at the beginning of October in an attempt to find a product that was more bank account friendly than my Bioderma makeup remover. I’m happy to report that Garnier’s product has passed the test! Wonderful on sensitive skin and is exactly as good at removing makeup as its high-end sister.
- bebe 5-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer – Ditto for this product. I bought this tinted moisturizer in hopes of replacing my pricey Laura Mercier one, and, once again, success! The coverage is very light, it’s perfume free and I’ve never broken out while using it.
- Ikea Vanilla Candles– I swear, I have 5 backup candles in case I run out. I love Ikea’s candles; they last forever, look classy and fill the air with just the slightest vanilla scent. Perfect now that the weather has turned cold.
- Chanel Chance Eau Tendre – I’ve worn this perfume for years, but ran out for two months (and my budget hadn’t allowed for a new bottle). My mom helped a girl out and got me the perfume for my birthday, I’ve fallen in love again!
- Caudalie Facial Mask – I impulse bought a travel size of this intensive moisturizing mask at the drugstore a few weeks ago. The mask is incredibly rich, making it wonderful for dry skin after a long winter day. Plus, it smells wonderful.
- Dark lipstick – It might be the autumn vibes, but I’ve taken a liking to really dark lipstick, especially purple. Something I did throughout October was keep the rest of my makeup super minimal, with only this color on my lips.
- Kneipp hand cream – As I mentioned in my previous post, I can’t go without hand cream. This month I’ve been loving this one from Kneipp. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it also absorbs super quickly, making it perfect for on-the-go.
- Superga Sneakers – This month I splurged and finally bought myself the all white Supergas I had been eyeing for over three months. The shoes are so so comfortable, and I just love the extra style that white shoes bring to a look. I coat them with anti-water spray once a week and bought a special eraser to get the stains out.
» October Happenings «
- A little operation – I’m deathly afraid of dentists, so you guys might be able to imagine how happy (not) I was to have oral surgery in October. I had a tooth and a small part of my jaw extracted due to an infection. To be honest, it wasn’t as bad as I thought! Plus my wonderful friends brought me pudding, mashed bananas and soups while I was stuck in bed.
- Starting Uni (again) – I’m officially in my second year of university! I’ve loved jumping back into my routine, although, I do admit I wish I had more time to sleep. While this semester is a ton of work, I love my classes and seeing my entire social circle again on a weekly basis. Juggling the blog has been a bit tough (especially blog photography, I’m looking at you daylight), but I’m slowly getting the hang of things.
- A weekend in Augsburg – In October I paid a quick visit to Augsburg (mentioned in this post) to visit one of my closest friends. I enjoyed strolling through an orange and red city, and having a mini break from Munich, just for the weekend. For you coffee addicts, check out Beim Weissen Lamm, we had the best lattes there.
- California visitor – I had the pleasure of having one of my oldest friends come and join me in Munich for a few days. We’ve known each other since we were ten, and it was so nice having somebody to share old memories with and explore the city.
- Halloween! – Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and this year did not disappoint. I went partying with my closest group of friends and the next morning we started off November with a delicious brunch. I went as a school girl, simply borrowing an old school uniform from a friend.
» Listening, Reading and Watching «
- Listening – I’ve rediscovered some old favorites this month, along with a very new song. When I lived in Paris last year I listened to Kodaline’s album In A Perfect World non-stop, and for some reason started again this month, more than a year later. It’s 100% one of my all-time favorites. Another oldie from middle school days is Regina Spektor’s Fidelity. There’s just something about this song that always makes me want to sing along. And lastly, a new South African favorite, Take Yours, I’ll Take Mine by Matthew Mole.
- Reading – While I haven’t had much time for books this month, I’ve enjoyed re-reading an old favorite, The Book Thief. It follows the story of a young girl living near Munich during the 2nd World War. I connected to the book deeply during both times that I have read it. My grandmother was about the same age during the war and I feel like the book really offers insight into what people had to go through from a German perspective.
- Watching – Despite this coming out in November, I’ve been obsessed with The Crown, a new Netflix series about the early life of Queen Elizabeth II. But since I started watching it before this post, I though I’d just include it anyway.
That’s it for October you all! Fall is in full swing and already transitioning into winter here in Munich. I’m looking forward toward the holiday season already, and am forcing myself to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. Much love and thank you for reading, Julia