Today I wanted to share with you guys the little things I swear by on long flights (actually any flight) to keep myself looking fresh upon landing. Taking care of your skin and relaxing is key when flying!
- Keep makeup simple. The only makeup I put on for flying is tinted moisturizer (I swear by this one) and concealer (generally good to have on hand as well to hide dark circles upon landing). Usually I’ll fill in my brows as well, but leave out any eye makeup. This gives your skin a little bit of a break, and you don’t have to worry about smudging anything.
- Swap out your contacts for glasses. The air in planes is very dry, leading to extra irritation. Taking the contacts out not only makes it easier to get some shut eye (no worrying about taking anything out), but also let your eyes relax for a bit.
- Earplugs. If you’re like me and have a hard time sleeping anywhere other than an actual bed, these will help. Even if you don’t manage to get some shut eye, these will help you relax by blocking out the outside world for a bit.
- Moisturize your face. Airplane air is so so dry, take care of your skin by nourishing it throughout the flight. In air I usually end up washing my face and putting some of this on. It’ll stop your skin from getting irritated.
- Take care of your lips as well. I hate nothing more than dry cracked lips, so I always take some Vaseline or Aquaphor on board with me for the extra punch of moisture. Also works great on cuticles and extra dry cheeks.
- Hand cream. I’m currently trying to stop chewing my nails, so this was especially key. Plus hand creams just smell so good (especially my all time favorite), so who doesn’t want it with them?
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, thank you for reading! I’d love to know your inflight beauty essentials, comment them below. Much love, Julia